
Spanish giants Barcelona were granted temporary licenses by La Liga to register Olmo and Victor last summer.
However, their registrations were revoked in January by La Liga, stating that, Barcelona had failed to prove they were compliant with the league’s financial rules by their deadline of 31 December.
Spain’s sports council (CSD) gave Barcelona permission to temporarily reinstate Olmo and Victor following an appeal, with a definitive ruling on the pair’s registrations expected by 7 April.
Barcelona announced a deal on 3rd January to sell VIP boxes at the club’s Nou Camp stadium, which is being rebuilt, in order to raise 100m euros (£83m).Sports league merchandise
La Liga body says, the deal was not recorded in the accounts submitted by Barcelona to the league last week for the 2024-25 season, and that the deal had been approved by a different, unnamed auditor.
La Liga said they were reporting the auditor to the Accounting and Auditing Institute.
In response, Barcelona president Joan Laporta told reporters the league’s letter was “an attempt to damage the club’s image and go against FC Barcelona’s interests”.
He said the club’s legal team would respond to the letter “as forcefully as necessary” and questioned the timing of it, with his side facing Atletico Madrid in the second leg of their Copa del Rey semi-final later on Wednesday (20:30 BST).